This site really is fantastic, I've been on here for ages looking at people's sketches & articles and is a great resource for drawing & for seeing how people of all skill levels interpret the environments they're in - it's huge too, people all over the world are involved. I really like the sketches of people on trains, buses, waiting rooms, walking about...it's not just about the buildings. http://www.urbansketchers.com/"Urban Sketchers is a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising the artistic, storytelling and educational value of location drawing, promoting its practice and connecting people around the world who draw on location where they live and travel."USk Manifesto
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.